Recipe: Stuffed Chicken Mozzarella
- 3 chicken breast halves, boned and skinned
- 2 Tablespoons butter (melted)
- 1 Egg
- 3-6 slices mozzarella cheese
- 2 Tablespoons butter (softened)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon sage
- 1⁄4 teaspoon rosemary
- 1⁄4 teaspoon thyme
- 1⁄4-1/2 cup white wine
- 2 Tablespoons flour
- 1 cup bread crumbs
- 3 tooth picks
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Place chicken between 2 sheets of wax paper, and flatten to 1⁄4 inch thickness with a meat mallet.
- Spread 2 Tablespoons of butter evenly over one side of chicken breast halves.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Top each half with a slice (or 2) of cheese.
- Roll up, starting with the long side, and secure with a tooth pick through the entire breast.
- Dredge chicken in flour, dip in egg, and roll in bread crumbs.
- Place in an ungreased 8 inch square baking dish.
- Combine 2 Tablespoons butter, sage, rosemary, and thyme.
- Brush butter/herbs over chicken.
- Bake uncovered for 20 minutes.
- Pour wine into pan, don’t pour over chicken or it will not be as crispy
- Bake an additional 10min or until done